Skirack currently has the following available positions:
Job Title: Assistant Service Manager
Department: Service/Repair - you report directly to the Service Manager.
Summary: Skirack's Assistant Service Manager is responsible for many aspects of the repair shop operations as well as the productivity of the mechanics and the quality of the repairs. This position contributes to the overall success of the company by ensuring that the department provides outstanding customer engagement in a context of consistent and effective communication with all store departments that supporting sales and service operations.
Key areas of Focus:
- Be the Service Department's representative on Safety Team at SR. Responsible for developing, implementing, educating and monitoring adherence to service safety plan. Help build an enthusiastic safety culture in the store.
- Take the lead in working with the bike team to maintain the highest quality of bike builds and final checks. Listen to feedback from sales team and address quality problems to insure the highest level of sales efficiency and customer satisfaction. Support excellent and timely communication between the sales and service departments.
- Review, revise (as required) & maintain accurate reporting of staff labor, productivity and customer satisfaction of work performed. Work with Service Mgr & Finance Mgr. to insure that the data collected is useful for evaluating department and staff performance.
- Insure Department consistently follows written service standards. Update and/or add standards to provide staff guidelines to insure they deliver high quality services. Make sure mechanics are educated and skilled in following new and older policies or procedures.
- Work closely with Warranty Staff, Buyers of products, Sales and Service staff to insure staff is educated and trained in how to follow warranty policies and procedures. Support the staff doing what is possible and prudent to assist our customers with warranty problems they may encounter. Help train staff to professionally educate customers to differentiate warranty problems from other situations.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate assessment and evaluation of customer bicycles, skis or snowboard that customers bring in for repairs and service.
- Assist other mechanics with repairs and training when needed.
- Assist in ordering, inventory management and ongoing communication with buyer(s) of shop supplies, parts and equipment.
- Ensure that the department keeps track of and performs the proper maintenance of all shop tools including ski tuning and waxing machines.
- Maintain a high degree of cleanliness and organization of the repair shop and workstations.
- Expand the capacity of the department to perform timely service work that meets or exceeds the work of our competitors. Manage and delegate workflow to ensure jobs get done profitably, on time and up to Skirack's quality standards, guaranteed. Aim for a staff efficiency and productivity rate between $40-$80/hr.
- Help train the bike sales staff and buyers regarding compatibility of bike accessories for (i.e. fenders, rear racks, tire widths, etc.). Communicate errors to staff regarding compatibility issues. Also insure bike staff gets feedback on their performance in filling out all necessary info on their orders, FC sheets etc.
- Strive to build a positive and professional work environment. Inspire and model a work ethic that every team member wants to emulate.
- Create, Monitor and maintain department/store end of day reports.
- Check work email and respond at the beginning and end of every shift.
- Assist Service Manager with creating a work schedule that ensures competitive turnaround times and profitable return on staff labor. Help evaluate staffing levels to enable store to increase market share of service businesses including new ventures or initiatives.
Manage the service parts department inventory
- Work with buying team to ensure that all necessary service parts and supplies are in stock and available through fluctuating seasonal work times.
- Ensure that parts are displayed organized, clean and correctly labeled.
- Ensure cycle counts are conducted as needed to maintain inventory accuracy of service parts.
- 5-10 years of mechanical experience in a professional shop. High School Degree or equivalent required. Additional education & professional training is a plus.
- Special consideration given to applicants with additional training, experience or coursework in the bicycle, snow sports or outdoor retail industry.
Skills and Traits:
- Diligence, dependability, common sense.
- Enthusiasm, optimism, sense of humor.
- Loyalty, team working skills and the ability to teach others.
- Confident, resourceful and strategic thinker.
- Organized, clean and well mannered.
- High level of mechanical skills and experience.
- Strong communication skills with customers and staff. Have ability to successfully handle stressful or conflictual situations in professional and effective ways.
- Strong skills and experience in computer, phone and other operating systems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from other employees.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-functional, multi-cultural and fast paced environment.
- Respect - for our Products, Processes, and People (on both sides of the counter). Constructive communication to the ‘right' people when there is a problem to solve.
- Must be able to stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift of 8-10 hours per day.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job including having the strength to insert proper wrench torque force, running snowsports equipment through machines and lifting 30-75 lbs bicycles 3'-4' into workstands.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends and evenings.
We are seeking for candidates who are interested in and can make a 3 year commitment to being an active part of the leadership team at Skirack.
Compensation: Based on skills and experience
Salary and benefits include vacation, sick time, 401-k, health insurance, employee purchase and outdoor recreation benefits.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Experienced Bicycle Mechanic
Have you ever considered living, playing and working in the world-renowned Lake Champlain Valley and the surrounding Green Mountains and Adirondacks? Skirack of Burlington, VT, a locally owned and operated ski/bike/run specialty store, now in our 48th year, is looking for an experienced bicycle mechanic.
Applicants for consideration will have at least 3-5 years of professional bicycle service experience, an excellent work ethic and the ability to meet world class standards of excellence in customer service in a fast paced setting.
Prior experience with suspension systems, hydraulic brakes and electronic components is a definite bonus.
This is a Full Time Seasonal position with an opportunity for a full time/year round, benefitted position for the right candidate.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alpine Skiing, Snowboarding, and Winter Enthusiasts
Do you like being in the outdoors?
Do you enjoy helping a wide range of people find the right outdoor gear, fitness clothing, outerwear, lifestyle clothing for their adventures at home and around the world?
Locally owned and operated for 48 years, we dedicate ourselves to supporting our community and helping customers get what they want and need for all seasons.
We're looking for hardworking people who want to contribute to a well-functioning team. Expect to be challenged, focused and professional in a fun and fast paced environment. We offer and guarantee world-class products and services for customers of all experience levels. We welcome candidates with retail/customer technical service experience, enthusiasm and strong people skills.
Part-time and full-time seasonal positions available.
Strongest candidates will receive a reply.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.