Years of Experience: I started biking as a teenager in Rutland in 1971 and worked on bikes until 1982; moved to Burlington in 1991 and have been at the Skirack ever since (26 years). My involvement at the Skirack is all around the bike. I am the parts and accessories buyer - if it goes on your bike, I order it. I also do bike fittings, sales and service.
Certifications and Awards:
- Bicycle fitting certification
- Serotta International Cycling Institute (SICI)
- Specialized Bicycle Company University (SBCU)
Outside Interests and Hobbies: Road biking, bicycle hill climbs, running, snowshoeing, bowling and deer hunting are some of my passions.
- Mavic Ksyrium Pro/Sl wheels, they are bomb proof and last a long time, great all-around wheels.
- Castelli Endurance bib shorts, all day long comfort in the saddle.
- Sporthill 3SP XC pants, great for snowshoeing, snowblowing, or just to lounge around the house.
Favorite local outdoor destination(s): Riding Pleasant Valley, Smugglers Notch loop, Appalachian Gap, and Brandon, Middlebury Gap rides - these rides never get old to me.
Fun Fact or Story:
- I have a collection of close to 60 bicycles, many are vintage Italian bikes from the 70's and 80's.
- I have been fortunate to take a bicycle trip with friends and customers every year since 1998 to the French Alps , Pyrenees, or the Dolomites, missing only one year.
- Completed the Mount Washington bicycle hill climb more than 10 times with a 1:15 as my best time.
- Ran a 3:26 marathon in the Vermont City Marathon and qualified to run the Boston Marathon. - I have been bowling since I was in grade school and have bowled 3 perfect 300 games, had an 800 series, (which is harder than a 300) and averaged 225 one year.
- While working in Rutland, I helped build the wheels for the 76 U.S. Olympic team, and we outfitted a team from Saudi Arabia with bicycles and gear for the Montreal Olympics.