Perfect for Alpine and Nordic Skis as well as Snowboards, Skirack Hot Box process employs the Ski and Snowboard Sauna. Ski and Snowboard Sauna's patented heating process uses gentle radiant heat to evenly and safely warm your ski and snowboard bases for maximum wax penetration. Hot box users have reported that a few hours of treatment is comparable to up to 30 hand ironings! Racers and serious ski and snowboard enthusiasts have been hot boxing - or talking about hot boxing - to super saturate their ski and board bases for longer lasting results. Recreational skiers appreciate the simplicity of a few Ski and Snowboard Sauna treatments per season versus the time-consuming repetitive hand ironing and scrapping that used to be the norm. Racers simply add the appropriate race day wax based on snow conditions to finish the process.
The Skirack Basic Base Saturation starts with a thorough cleaning of the ski base using Swix Glide Wax Remover allowing the base to better accept new wax. The hot box process slowly saturates the base of the ski with a low melting point wax for 3 hours. Doing these two steps will greatly improve glide and lengthen the period of the time between hand waxes are needed.
- Hot scrape cleaning of base
- Warm paraffin wax ironed onto base
- Skis put into hot box for 3 hours at 50 degrees Celsius
- Skis allowed to fully cool and then scraped and brushed
* Note: While Skirack.com strives to ship all orders within 1 business day of order date, we cannot guarantee this when ordering a hot box treatment with your skis. The process will add one extra business day to processing time.