The SIDI Genius 5 Pro is everything you expect in a pro-level road shoe: Millennium 3 Carbon Composite Sole®, Caliper Buckle two-way ratchet closure, SIDI's no-slip High Security Velcro® straps and, above all, that trademark SIDI fit - and the comfort that comes with it, extending from perfectly formed toe box to SIDI heel cup. Prolevel fit, for all-day comfort and crushing performance.
- Millennium 3 Carbon Composite Sole® - provides greater durability and 37% more rigidity than a standard nylon sole. Because of its mechanical stability the sole resists loss of rigidity from prolonged use and changes in temperature. It features an anti-slip toe insert and replaceable polyurethane heel pad, for walkability.
- Caliper Buckle - allows precise, incremental tightening and loosening of the closure, for easy on-the-fly microadjustment. Pulling upward on the lower lever tightens the strap, click by click; pressing down on the upper lever loosens it a step at a time; an outward pull on both side levers completely releases the buckle. The Caliper Buckle is user replaceable, and may be retrofitted to many earlier SIDI models with the addition of the matching Caliper Strap.
- Soft Instep Closure System® - wide, anatomically curved strap and soft, thermoformed EVA pad distribute pressure evenly over the instep area for improved comfort and pedaling efficiency. It is adjustable from both sides, for perfect centering over a high or low instep. Excess strap on the crank arm (inside) side of the shoe may be trimmed after adjustment. Like most SIDI small parts, the Soft Instep Closure System® is replaceable.
- High Security Velcro® - integrates interlocking polymer teeth into the straps that engage when the strap is closed, for a more secure, slipfree closure and dramatically increased useful life of the Velcro® strap.
- Breathable, supple and durable vented Lorica® microfiber upper with cooling mesh panels
- Standard-size SIDIs roughly correspond to a D width on the industry-standard Brannock sizing scale.