SIDI's best-selling Dominator 5 Mega mountain bike shoe is the perennial favorite for cross-country mountain bikers, racers and adventurers. This is the do-everything shoe for everywhere you ride off-road, with European handcrafted quality that keeps on performing season after season. It's serious performance, with perfect fit and serious comfort - when you're ready to get serious about your ride.
- Caliper Buckle - allows precise, incremental tightening and loosening of the closure, for easy on-the-fly microadjustment. Pulling upward on the lower lever tightens the strap, click by click; pressing down on the upper lever loosens it a step at a time; an outward pull on both side levers completely releases the buckle. The Caliper Buckle is user replaceable, and may be retrofitted to many earlier SIDI models with the addition of the matching Caliper Strap.
- Soft Instep Closure System® - wide, anatomically curved strap and soft, thermoformed EVA pad distribute pressure evenly over the instep area for improved comfort and pedaling efficiency. It is adjustable from both sides, for perfect centering over a high or low instep. Excess strap on the crank arm (inside) side of the shoe may be trimmed after adjustment. Like most SIDI small parts, the Soft Instep Closure System® is replaceable.
- High Security Velcro® - integrates interlocking polymer teeth into the straps that engage when the strap is closed, for a more secure, slipfree closure and dramatically increased useful life of the Velcro® strap.
- Breathable, supple and durable vented Lorica® microfiber upper with cooling mesh panels
- SIDI Heel Cup -an external, reinforced cup that stabilizes and supports the heel. The sturdy, anatomically shaped plastic design keeps its shape and doesn't break down over time, helping reduce heel slip while improving power transfer. The SIDI Heel Cup also provides additional foot protection in the event of a crash.
- Mega sizes are cut with more material throughout, and a larger-volume heelcup. Mega sizes roughly correspond to a EE/EEE width on the Brannock sizing scale.