The Madshus Metis Skate is the perfect all-around women's skate ski for everything from fast fitness workouts to long weekend tours. It covers ground quickly with the responsive, light Polycell core and Torsion Cap 3D construction, and its increased 4mm sidecut adds stability for easy skiing.
- Torsion Cap: Torsion Cap Construction involves a braided core covered by a cap. This form of construction allows for very durable and light construction and provides tremendous versatility in ski characteristics.
- 3D: Adding enhanced performance to Madshus racing skis, 3D Construction is the unique process of shaping the ski's core to remove weight and channel stiffness and responsiveness in specific patterns for a precise tuning of a ski's torsional rigidity and flex.
- Core: Polycell: Polycell is a PU-based foam core which utilizes specific carbon and glass fiber reinforcement to suit different applications, conditions and skiers. It provides a core with great low weight and excellent dampening. The Polycell core is 3D-shaped on certain models to maximize responsiveness and energy transmission to the ski.
- Plate: NIS-3 - NIS (Nordic Integrated System) uses a permanently-bonded plate on the ski that the binding slides onto. Developed with Rottefella and patented by Madshus, this allows the skier to mount their own bindings quickly without needing to screw into the ski. With multiple positions for mounting the binding on the NIS plate, the skier can easily tune the binding position relative to the balance point of the ski, which is useful for different snow conditions.
- Base: P170 base: Bringing World Cup technologies down to the needs of fitness and citizen racers in the Race Performance skis, the P170 base comes in two different styles - P170 and P170 Zero CIG. Whether you need day-to-day reliable speed and structure or are faced with the difficult waxing conditions of a Zero base, each style is intended to match up with your skiing and waxing needs.
- Sidecut: 44-40-44mm
- Length: 165-185cm/5
- Weight/pair: 1075g/185cm