The Czar of all-mountain. All-mountain riding demands gear that is versatile, lightweight without sacrificing durability, and comfortable enough to ride for four to five hours in varying conditions. So Giro developed the Xar™ specifically for aggressive trail riding, with features like 17 Wind Tunnel™ vents with internal airflow channels, the micro-adjustability of Roc Loc® 5 and their patented P.O.V.™ visor to deflect the sun, rain, brush and branches. If you're riding bigger, faster and farther than ever, the Xar™ is fit to roll with you.
- In-mold - EPS liner, polycarbonate shell: In-mold construction fuses a tough polycarbonate outer shell with the helmet's impact-absorbing foam liner. The fusion process allows us to sculpt better ventilation systems, so In-mold helmets can be lighter and cooler than traditional helmets.
- Roll Cage reinforcement is a tough web of DuPont ® Nylon® molded inside a helmet's EPS foam liner. It provides an extra measure of strength and integrity that you'll never notice... unless you need it.
- Roc Loc® 5: After more than two-years of development, Giro introduces Roc Loc 5. This groundbreaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40-percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- 17 Wind Tunnel™ vents, internal channeling
- Wind Tunnel Ventilation: Giro helmets are developed utilizing their proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system, which combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around the riders head-while forcing heat and stale air out. This significant increase in air channeling makes a difference that riders will immediately feel and appreciate.
- P.O.V.™ adjustable visor w/ 15° vertical adjustment: Point Of View visors are anchored by a patented internal clutch mechanism that allows 15-degrees of tool-free, on-the-fly vertical adjustment while preventing the visor from rattling and coming loose over rough and technical terrain.
- X-STATIC™ PADDING: In addition to being very comfortable, their X-Static pads provide anti-microbial properties to help keep your helmet fresher, longer. The pads are also machine washable.
- Super Fit Engineering: A great helmet is so comfortable that once it's on, it virtually disappears. Their proprietary three-size Super Fit system is based on "human scale factors" data and over 20 years of crafting helmets for the best bike riders in the world. The result is pure Skull Hugging Luxury™, a helmet that fits 98% of the world's population, yet looks (and fits) like it was custom made just for you.
|Giro Helmet Sizing|
To work properly, a bike helmet must fit right and be worn properly. In order to offer you the best value and fit possible, Giro makes helmets in many sizes, including:
In order to determine the size you need, you can measure the circumference around your head. Simply wrap a measuring tape around your head, being sure to locate the tape just above your ears and keeping the tape level front to back. .