Legendary performance, style and comfort. The Giro Atmos™ was the first helmet to utilize In-Mold™ Composite reinforcement, a breakthrough in helmet architecture that allowed greater ventilation without compromising a helmet's integrity. The compact shape offers matchless style, and features the sure feel of a Roc Loc® 5 system that cradles your head comfortably and securely. It's no wonder this helmet continues to be a favorite with road, XC and cyclocross riders worldwide.
- In-mold: Giro's in-mold construction process fuses the helmet's outer shell with its impact-absorbing EPS liner during the molding process, making the liner literally a part of the helmet. This fusion process reinforces areas around vents and ribs, creating a one-piece 'exoskeleton' that allows the helmet to be lighter, more durable, and better ventilated than traditional designs.
- EPS liner, polycarbonate shell
- Roc Loc 5: After more than two-years of development, Giro introduces Roc Loc 5. This groundbreaking fit system provides an entirely unique user experience with an unmatched level of comfort, stability, adjustability and weight savings. With Roc Loc 5, you can easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand. Just twist the dial for a tighter feel on rough terrain, then back it off a notch and relax across the flats or a warm climb. Even with these remarkable features, Roc Loc 5 is still nearly 40-percent lighter than its popular predecessor, Roc Loc 4.
- Super Fit: A great helmet is so comfortable that once it's on, it virtually disappears. Giro's proprietary three-size Super Fit system is based on "human scale factors" data and over 20 years of crafting helmets for the best bike riders in the world. The result is pure Skull Hugging Luxury™, a helmet that fits 98% of the world's population, yet looks (and fits) like it was custom made just for you.
- 26 Wind Tunnel vents: Giro helmets are developed utilizing their proprietary Wind Tunnel™ ventilation system, which combines active vents with internal exhaust channels that thrust cool, fresh air over and around the riders head-while forcing heat and stale air out. This significant increase in air channeling makes a difference that riders will immediately feel and appreciate.
- Roll Cage: In-mold Composite Reinforcement. Roll Cage reinforcement is a tough web of DuPont ® Nylon® molded inside a helmet's EPS foam liner. It provides an extra measure of strength and integrity that you'll never notice... unless you need it.
|Giro Helmet Sizing|
To work properly, a bike helmet must fit right and be worn properly. In order to offer you the best value and fit possible, Giro makes helmets in many sizes, including:
In order to determine the size you need, you can measure the circumference around your head. Simply wrap a measuring tape around your head, being sure to locate the tape just above your ears and keeping the tape level front to back. .