The Burton Nug is the original recipe for short board fun. This is a special snowboard, like how brownies can be special. It floats, drifts, spins, presses, slurfs and slides so very easy. Burton's exclusive V-Rocker runs the whole length of the board so your tips stay afloat, and your edges stay catch free. It's also got Scoop tech, which is basically rocker that runs from the toe edge to the heel edge at the tip and tail, (think of a spoon shape). This makes the board even more fun, and great in powder too. Oh yeah, also, Raduction technology, which allows you to downsize to a smaller, lighter, more nimble, more playful, more-gettin-in-the-woods board, rules. Seriously. Don't knock it 'til you rock it because this is one groovy snowboard.
- Flex Rating (1 = soft, 10 = most responsive): 4
- Suggested Use
- Park, All-Mountain, Rails, Powder, Jibbing
- Camber / Rocker Style
- V-Rocker™: Continuous rocker between your feet and in front of your feet towards the tip and tail creates catch-free playfulness and improved float from peak to park. Frostbite Edges enhance power and grip, balancing the board's overall loose and forgiving feel.
- Twin: The shape is perfectly symmetrical for a balanced ride that's equally versatile when ridden regular or switch. Jib, spin, stomp, and butter with a greater balance of freestyle mobility and cat-like stability no matter which way you point it.
- Twin: The flex is perfectly symmetrical from tip to tail for a balanced ride that's equally versatile regular or switch.
- Core Material
- Super Fly®: Lightened up and loaded with pop, this vertical sandwich of hard and soft woods saves weight and improves snap and response. Further optimized for float in freeride focused boards, and strength in park-focused boards.
- Dualzone™ EGD™: The wood grain is positioned along the toe and heel edges on two continuous zones, perpendicular to the rest of the wood core, for consistent edge-hold and added strength.
- Triax™: Versatile flex and response for everything from mini to mega shred.
- RADUCTION LEVEL: 10 [Downsize 8 to 10cm From Normal Board Length] Nug Raduction optimizes every element - from waist width and flex profile to sidecut and running length - letting you downsize up to 10cm from your normal board length. Light and lively, easy to throw around, surprisingly floaty, poppy, and stable at speed - Nug Raduction will change the way you look at board length for good.
- Squeezebox: Improves performance through the balance of thicker, more powerful core sections with thinner, more flexible sections. Rider energy is transferred outward from where it originates beneath the feet, energizing the tip and tail while making the board more stable and easily manipulated.
- Jumper Cables: Ultra-light carbon stringers that radiate energy outward from your feet towards the tip and tail. Beyond adding amplitude to your ollies, they also create more snap when powering through turns.
- Scoop: This exaggerated tip and tail scooping turns up the edges for a looser, more forgiving feel that adds catch-free fun when riding everything from a knee-high box to neck-deep pow.
- Pro-Tip™: A tapered tip and tail thickness reduces swing weight for easier mobility.
- Infinite Ride™: This Burton-exclusive technology allows us to maximize pop and strength by overbuilding the board, then putting it in a machine that breaks in the board for you. Whether you choose to ride Springloaded, Rocker, or Camber, rest assured that with Infinite Ride™ your board will maintain its flex, pop, and feel from the first day forward, season after season.
- Frostbite Edges: Edges beneath your bindings extend out slightly for tremendous edge-hold on hard, icy conditions. Powerful when you need them, playful when you don't, Frostbite Edges are hungry for hard-pack while remaining ever forgiving in softer conditions.
- Side Effects: Lengthening the surface area at the tip and tail contact points improves edge-hold and allows the board to plane easier in powder. Enjoy a livelier feel and enhanced grip on groomers along with added float for overhead days.
- Sintered: Durable and highly porous, get added durability and superior wax absorption for greater overall glide.
- Binding Mounting System
- The Channel: The Channel offers the quickest, easiest way to mount your bindings with the most stance options possible. Take control of your stance and your board like never before, micro-adjust your width and angles with ALL major binding formats including EST®, Re:Flex™, and Disc. M6 hardware means compatibility with all major binding companies, making it a choice for any rider.
Burton Nug Snowboard Sizing
|Running Length - The running length of a snowboard, measured in millimeters, is the length of the board that touches the snow while strapped in.||830mm||860mm||900mm|
|Waist Width - The waist width of a snowboard is the width at the narrowest point of the board, measured in millimeters.||253mm||254mm||255mm|
|Sidecut Depth - The sidecut depth is measured as the distance between the waist of the snowboard and an imaginary straight line that strikes both of the contact points at the tip and tail. The deeper the sidecut the tighter the turning radius.||15.2mm||15.8mm||16.5mm|
|Sidecut Radius - If the arc of your edge were to continue past your edge to make a circle, the sidecut radius would be the radius of that circle. Measured in millimeters, the smaller the sidecut radius the tighter the turning radius.||5.67m||5.88m||6.16m|
|Stance Width - Stance width of a snowboard is the distance between binding reference marks. Measured in inches, the stance width of any board can be adjusted beyond or within the reference points to dial in your desired stance width.||530mm||530mm||530mm|
|Nose Width - The nose width of a snowboard is the width, in millimeters, of the nose at its widest point.||283.4mm||285.5mm||287.9mm|
|Tail Width - The tail width of a snowboard is the width, in millimeters, of the tail at its widest point.||283.4mm||285.5mm||287.9mm|
|Weight Range||120-170 lbs. / 54-77 kg.||130-180 lbs. / 59-82 kg.||150-200 lbs. / 68-91 kg.|