The 19th version of the Asics GEL-Kayano® series takes a "stop at never" approach by improving upon its award winning ride, comfort, and fit. ASICS' flagship Structured Cushioning model drops over a half ounce in weight, thanks to top-of-the-line features like Heel Clutching System™ and Dynamic DuoMax®. This legend's upper fit also receives special attention with strategically placed seamless overlay construction making the GEL-Kayano® 19 the best in its history.
The perfect blend of cushioning and stability for mild to moderate pronators.
- Heel Clutching System™: Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- Discrete Eyelets: Independently placed eyelets disburse lace tension, creating a customized fitting environment and enhanced upper comfort.
- Biomorphic Fit ® Upper: Stretch material strategically placed on the upper helps to reduce buckling and the potential for irritation.
- DuoMax® Support System: A dual density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability, positioned sport specifically.
- Guidance Line®: Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Plus 3™: 3mm of additional height on women's models helps relieve achilles tension.
- Gender Specific Forefoot Cushioning: A top layer of injected Solyte® provides a cushioned platform feel in the forefoot. Women's models feature a lower density for improved cushioning and forefoot comfort.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.®): ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning Systems: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- Trusstic System®: Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.