This cult favorite's racy new design not only cranks up the performance, but knocks over an ounce off the weight too! The Asics Gel-DS Trainer 18 features premium features like Dynamic DuoMax®, Heel Clutching System™, Seamless Upper Construction, and Propulsion Trusstic® join forces to urge mild underpronators to moderate overpronators to go ahead and pick up the pace.
Designed to gently guide the foot of mild to moderate pronators, while ensuring smooth propulsion at toe-off.
- Seamless Upper Construction
- APMA Seal of Acceptance: Designated shoes have the use of the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA) Seal of Acceptance.
- ComforDry™ Sockliner: Provides cushioning performance and anti-odor properties for a cooler, drier, healthier environment.
- Reflectivity: Contains reflective materials designed to enhance visibility during low-light hours.
- Impact Guidance System (I.G.S.®):ASICS® design philosophy that employs linked componentry to enhance the foot's natural gait from heel strike to toe-off.
- Heel Clutching System™: Exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support and creates improved heel fitting environment.
- Propulsion Trusstic®: Mimics connective tissue in the foot by creating tension as foot enters propulsion stage.
- DuoMax® Support System: A dual density midsole system positioned to enhance support and stability, positioned sport specifically.
- Guidance Line®: Vertical flex groove decouples the tooling along the line of progression for enhanced gait efficiency.
- Rearfoot and Forefoot GEL® Cushioning System: Attenuates shock during impact and toe-off phases, and allows movement in multiple planes as the foot transitions through the gait cycle.
- Solyte® Midsole Material: A lighter weight midsole compound than ASICS' standard EVA and SpEVA®. Also features enhanced cushioning and durability.
- WET GRIP® Outsole: An outsole made from a special blend of organic and non-organic components, designed to enhance traction even on wet surfaces.
- AHAR®: Acronym for ASICS® High Abrasion Rubber. Placed in critical areas of the outsole for exceptional durability.
- Trusstic System®: Reduces the weight of the sole unit while retaining the structural integrity of the shoe.